Searching for a Mechanic Super-Hero
What do Batman and 007 have a common?
- A mechanic behind the scenes building a bad-to-the-bone car.
While we aren’t building Batman’s car here at Xcel (at least not yet), we are keeping our first responders and local businesses going.
Xcel is accepting applications for an experienced lube technician/mechanic
What makes Xcel different you might ask?
- Our shop is family owned and operated
- Excellence and integrity are built into everything we do
- Offer a family approach giving you more than a "paycheck"
- Provide weekly breakfast, monthly lunches, and birthday celebrations
- We make a promise to pay our employees 'what they are worth'. Starting pay is never staying pay-if you work with us, we will work with you.
- No Nights or Weekends for work/life balance
- New clean shop with LED lighting and workspace to move around in.
- Our hiring process is deliberate, and detailed-we don’t just hire anyone, we want to be an equal match for each other
What kind of work do you do at Xcel?
- Service and repair including general maintenance and oil changes, brakes, tires, A/C work, suspension work and general repairs.
- Commercial accounts make up 90% of all vehicles we service/repair
- Focused only on Light to medium duty vehicles and trailers
What qualifications are you looking for?
- Experienced with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as lube/auto repair technician/mechanic at a shop
- Detail-oriented-someone with a knack for attention to detail, like greasy handprints and tightened bolts.
- Competent with critical thinking skills-troubleshooting is part of everyday life in a repair shop.
- Teachable-willing to continue learning as our industry evolves and changes.
- Mechanical ability-goes without saying, but just saying anyways
- Trade or vocational school a plus
- Certifications such as state inspector or ASE
- Basic hand tools to get started
What if I have never worked in a repair shop before, but I work on my cars and my families' cars?
- Keep up the good work, look into a trade school to gain more knowledge. This industry is changing constantly, with technology and skills-there has never been a better time to pursue your love of automotive.
- Apprenticeship program at Xcel may be available in the future, but at this time we are searching for an experienced technician already working in the field.
I fit all the qualifications, and am looking for a new career opportunity, how do I apply to be a Mechanic Super-Hero?
- Fill out this short application below
- Submit your resume
- Someone will contact you within a few business days to let know what is next